Sunday, August 14, 2011

Keeping Up With Kallen---7 Months Old

Kallen was 7months on August 3rd. We checked into our beach house August 4th....so August 3rd I was packing. Alot. So here's whats going on with this veteran 7 month old.



He's mobile! Not yet crawling...I think he has at least a good 2 weeks before he'll be crawling. He leans forward and gets on his hands and knees, but then puts himself back in a sitting position. But he can move around the living room. He's a solid sitter. He's a talker. But he's always been a loud baby. Makes all kinds of sounds. No words. Well that I can understand ;)


He has no teeth. I don't really see any coming either. Raya had 2 teeth by now. His hair is still a medium brown. Its starting to curl up on the ends. His eyes are a very dark brown. This month was the first month I really started hearing people say he looks like me!!! There's one picture of us that I can see a resemblance. Its funny how Kallen can look JUST like his Dad, but then can also look like me. Gentry and I look nothing alike. LOL. But somehow he makes it happen.


He's a good sleeper. Takes a cat nap in the morning and at night and a longer nap in the middle of the day. Sometimes he also sneaks in a 20 minute power nap here and there. He goes to bed around 8 or 9. Sleeps until between 4:30-6:30, gets a bottle and goes back to sleep for a couple more hours.



He's eating baby food. He usually eats 2 jars throughout the day and gets 7oz bottles throughout the day. I've tried giving him really soft pieces of bread or of a banana and he gags every time. I guess I'll wait until he gets some teeth.


He's still the sweetest thing. Loves to cuddle and hug on me. He lets other people hold him no problem. He's been going through the littlest bit of separation anxiety with me. And I don't care what people say, its soooo sweet! If he's 16 and still crying when I leave the room I will STILL think its sweet.


He weights about 21 pounds and is 29 inches. He's a big kid! Much bigger than Raya was at this age. I think they were about the same length, but he weighs 6lbs more than she did at 7 months. He's wearing a size 4 diaper. Most of his closes are 12months. He fits into some of his 9month clothes. I think he's like a size 3 shoe? He has super thick feet. Even if the shoes were the right size there's no guarantee they'll fit in the shoe. So he really only wears socks or is barefoot.



Kallen...I am so so so lucky to have a boy like you. Who would've known the "Mama's Boy" love would sweep me off my feet like it did. My bestfriend Jenn just found out she's having a boy and I wish with everything in me she gets to experience the kind of love that I have for you. I feel absolutely blessed to have you and to know this kind of love. You've only been in my arms for 7 months but I can't even remember what life was like before you. FYI- you're never allowed to leave me, ok? Like seriously. No girl will ever be good enough for you. You don't have to ever get married and you can live at home for as long as you want :) And I'm totally serious. I love you!!!!
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment