Thursday, June 2, 2011

I have an Early Bird

Booo. This whole week Kallen's been waking up at 6:30 On The Dot. Seriously?! 6:30 is wayyyyy to early for anyone in this house. I'm up to see Gentry leave for work! That never happens. The first night home with Raya she slept in until like 10. I knew she was my daughter. Matter of fact, when my body was ready to push when I was in labor with her, my doctor told me I couldn't push because Raya was still asleep and apparently you can't birth a sleeping baby. So from about 7-7:45 my Dr tried all kinds of things to wake her up. I told the Dr to give her until 8 :) Sure enough, I had her at 8:07am. So she's always been a good sleeper. And when it was just the 2 of us we'd easily sleep in until 8:30 or 9. I was blessed, I know. So now, this son of mine is WIDE awake at 6:30 and ready to Chitty-Chat. The fact that he's so cute when he wakes up and just lays in bed talking and smiling makes it a little easier. But still! I'm hoping (and wishing and praying) that its a phase. You'll probably know if I should super bitchy in my posts ;)

Today I was cleaning the bathroom, Kallen was in his bassinet in my room and Raya was playing in her room-or so I thought. I walked in my room to check on him and this is what I see:



How she climbed in without pulling the bassinet over, I don't know. How she opened my bedroom door so quietly, I don't know. How she didn't smash Kallen while climbing in, I don't know. But I DO KNOW how to grab my camera in lightening speed. Haha. It was a VERY sweet moment. Made me glad to have these kids so close in age. Probably one of the first moments I'm glad they're so close.



My tank of a baby. He'll be 5 months tomorrow! He was chillin. Looking out my bedroom window. Being cute as ever :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG, those pics in the bassinet are hilarious and adorable!!!

    And I hear ya on the early riser. I used to get Brielle to sleep until at least 7 if I just laid her in bed with me and gave her my boob lol...but now by 6am she's just wiggling and talking up a storm and I can't do anything to convince her otherwise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bassinet pics, hehe

    Keira has been the same way with wanting to get up at 6:30am and I say BOOOO!! But she did let me sleep till 7:15 this morning.

    Happy 5 Months Kellan! It goes by so quick.

    ReplyDelete