Sunday, April 3, 2011

Keeping Up With Kallen---3 Months Old!!!

Kallen,
I can't believe you've been here for 3 months already! I use to joke about wanting my baby to come out at 3 months because that's when they're super cute. Well that was before I had a kid and of course that changed when I actually had my own baby. The newborn phase is the absolute sweetest. However, 3 months is the start of the Super Cute Phase :) I seriously can't put my camera down. I just stare at your face and want to eat you up. You are sooooo cuuuuuttteee!!!! I kiss your checks All Day Long. Oh man kiddo, you have me wrapped around your cute, chubby, tan little finger.


Well you're really good at holding your head up. I can sit you in your bumbo for a little bit. It's not your favorite thing to do quite yet. I think its because you're a little chunky and your back isn't quite strong enough to sit you up AND hold your head. Lol. You prefer to be in the rocker or bouncer. You let me sit you in either of those for a good 20minutes, sometimes more. This has been great!!! I think you've worked out the uncomfortableness you were going through your first few weeks of life. You're not at all gassy like you were and really don't cry that much anymore. Which means you don't freak out when I put you down or lay you down to nap. Thanks!



You still have all of your hair. I'm pretty sure none of it is going to fall out. It's still pretty straight. It has the slightest wave to it. It's brown, but in the sun it has an auburnish/golden tint to it. It's a very pretty color. Your eyes are still very dark. I'm guessing they're going to be a chocolate brown. Your skin is absolutely perfect. Baby acne is all gone. You still have your stork bites on your eyelids, but the one on your forehead has almost completely faded.


You sleep great. For that past couple weeks you were sleeping long nights, only waking up once in the night to eat. The last 48 hours you've been eating like a beast. I'm guessing its the 3 month growth spurt. You still nap most of the day. I'd say you're up for an hour, sleep for an hour then eat for about 15minutes and start the process over.


I'm loving getting to know your personality. You definitely know how to communicate :) Its pretty easy to guess what you want by the way you act. When you're hungry you use your mouth and "kiss" me or your Dad in a way that's clear you're looking for food. We were just talking about that at dinner tonight. We were joking about how, even though you can't remotely talk, we CLEARLY know you're ready to eat. You are dealing with some thrush. Its only painful for me. Awesome ;) Some babies don't eat because the thrush bothers them, but it doesn't bother you at all. It's almost completely cleared up, so I'm hoping by the end of this week we'll both be good! You also seem to get over stimulated and need a good amount of down time. You like quite time and you like it to be dark when you're sleeping. You could sit and rock with me and look around for hours. And that's fine with me! I just wish I could do it more.


I'm not sure what your Stats are, but I know you are at least 15lbs and I measured you with a tape measure and got 24.5inches. We'll see how accurate I am next month at your check up. You are wearing mostly 6month clothes and some 9month clothes and a size 2 diaper.


You are very alert and enjoy your surroundings. I can tell you can see all kinds of things now and you pay attention to whats around you and study it and take it all in. I'd say your all time favorite thing to do is eat, followed by sleeping and then watching the world around you.


You smile a lot, but no giggles yet. I've tried everything!!! Raya first laughed at 10weeks, so I know you're ready. You giggle in your sleep. I spend tons of time during the day doing any and everything I can think of that might be funny to you, but you're not amused. Lol. That's not true. I get lots of smiles and half chuckles, or the very first octave of a laugh, but not the real thing. I can't wait until you finally do!


I am so obsessed with you kid. I worried a lot that we wouldn't be like Raya and I were, and we're not, but it's just as amazing. It's a different kind of love. You're my sweet boy. My Little Big Guy. The way you smile at me when you first wake up or see me for the first time MELTS my heart. You're my baby and I'm never going to stop smothering you with kisses. Hehe. Even when you're 15 and have your friends over I'm going to be ridiculously embarrassing. That's how much I love you :) And I'm such a good Mom that I'm giving you a 14 year and 9 month warning!

1 comment:

  1. He's adorable...and a big boy! Although Brielle might give him a run for his money--she was 13 lbs last week haha. I haven't gotten any laughs from Brielle yet either...apparently she doesn't think I"m funny. One time I almost thought I heard a quick chuckle, but then nothing since. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete