Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Long Beach Pride Weekend

My favorite thing about this weekend was the photo shoot we were so lucky to be a part of. Adam Bouska, the very talented photographer, and the NOH8 Campaign had an open shoot from 3-5 the day before the parade. I so randomly heard about it, and figured it would be packed with people, so I thought it was a slim chance we'd get to do it. I decided to show up about 2:15 and with Gentry and Raya in tow we got in line. Well, I got in line and Gentry let Raya walk around the hotel. The line went surprisingly fast. Meeting Adam was great. He is so very sweet and took time to talk with each "model." I had already brainstormed what I wanted Raya and I to do. I got a little worried he didn't get a good shot cause Raya was super interested in everything but the camera, but 4 weeks later we got the final product and I WAS SO HAPPY!!!

Here are some of my favorite celebrity shots

Jane Lynch from GLEE!!!
Kardashian Sisters
Jay Manuel
Russell Simmons

You can visit the NOH8 campaign at http://www.noh8campaign.com/

The next day Raya, my Mom and I went to the parade. It was great! Everyone that passed Raya gave her beads or blew her kisses. It was so very sweet! AND a couple of the Ladies from the show RuPaul's Drag Races were in the parade. At the last minute I decided I wanted to get a picture with Raya and the girls. We literally chased their car about 2 blocks (because I didn't decide until After they passed us that I wanted a picture) We caught up with them and I handed Ongina the baby. They were all very sweet! And I just happen to hand Raya over as they started a radio interview, so Raya just hung out with them until they were ready to move on.






No comments:

Post a Comment